For most of us, buying or selling real estate is one of the largest financial transactions of our lives. Due to the financial and legal factors involved, if you’re contemplating entering into, or are in the midst of, a real estate transaction, you should consult with a lawyer right away.
If you plan to buy or sell rental property, trade up to a larger home or downsize now that your children are out on their own, the Anderson Law Firm can provide you with insight and legal guidance from start to finish.
- Draft deeds, deeds of trust, promissory notes, and other real estate documents
- Negotiate with the buyer or seller’s broker or attorney
- Relieve you of the significant expense of broker’s fees
- Draft your sales contract or review a contract from the other party and explain the terms
- Draft documents for seller financing if necessary
- Protect you from hidden liabilities
- Review and explain real estate documents that relate to your title, mortgage, and taxes
- Help you work with any HOA or other third parties involved in the transaction
- Explain the closing process and the title company’s role in closing the sale
- Respond to title issues
- Make sure the closing documents are in sync with the property sales contract
- Work with the title company to keep everything on track to closing
Let us help you avoid pitfalls and traps that can cost you thousands, derail your transaction, and send you to the courthouse. We can help protect you from:
- Bad contracts that allow the other party to waste your time, walk away with earnest money, or tie up your property in escrow or in court
- Overly vague contracts or easy to breach contracts that lack the power you need to efficiently and effectively enforce your sale or purchase.
- Buyers with insufficient or unstable financing
- Buyers trying to make their lender’s demands your problem
- Sellers failing to make full disclosure of defects in the property or unrecorded liens and liability encumbering the property
- Sellers refusing to make repairs to the property or cure title defects
- Property damage during the sale
- Hold over tenants that refuse to vacate rental property
- Countless other troublesome problems and situations that can arise in real estate transactions
Anderson Law Firm is fully equipped to assist you with an array of property-related legal concerns. Our compassionate, talented team of legal professionals will treat you with the respect you deserve. And because we value you as our client, you can expect attentive, personalized service at every step.
To learn more about our real estate services, contact our office today.